[Artemisia] Baron's War Favor

Andrea Waddell aravis227 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:30:49 CDT 2007

If we're going on about the "magical things happening beneath our noses in the the everyday, modern world" then I have to sing praises to Neil Gaiman (Thank you Tianna!).  However that's another author that I wouldn't even put in the same class as Harry Potter.  There's a wonder and joy in the world that comes from viewing it as a child.  Even in the face of enemies there's something...I dunno...naive, maybe? about the way that Harry views the world.  We become so jaded as adults and we lose that.  I think that's part of why Harry Potter appeals to so many of us.  He exists within the ideals that we honestly believe and that we truly thought the world would live up to when we were kids.  It's like taking a step back to my childhood when I truly believed I could change the world if I did what was right.  It's a beautiful faith to have and most people lose it as they grow older.  We meet those vicious people who would hurt us as soon as look at us.  And we suddenly realize that the beautiful, shining Good we held so dear...it's really hard to hold it up in front of you and keep doing it when you're faced with the selfish darkness of the rest of the world...and then we found the SCA and believed again. :D-Maysun, done waxing philosophical...well, for a minute or two at least...I also stayed up all last night with Harry and I'm a bit tired...that always makes me poetic and thoughtful. :)