[Artemisia] Harry Potter & other fantasy

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 17:15:15 CDT 2007

Most of us Scadians are readers-  vivat!  I made it home with my HP 7 about 2AM, squeezed in a two hour nap, and finished around 1PM.  For young adult books I think they're a lot of fun.  Other young adult fantasy books I'd recommend are; Susan Cooper's "Dark is Rising" series and Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" series.  Read these before the movies come out!  For adult (rated R) SCA-ish fantasy I *love* George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series.  HBO plans to do them, similar to "Rome", sometime in the near future.   Esther