[Artemisia] OT and OOP Harry Potter

CeltCrafts at aol.com CeltCrafts at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 22:15:23 CDT 2007

I grew up in a home with plenty of emotional blackmail.  Maybe reading  was
an escape for me, because I don't remember ever not reading.  I always  buy the
books I would love reading more than once.  Hubby is the same  way.  His
parents are the same way.  In fact, I think we got about 1/2  his dad's library
when his dad died.  We'll probably get the other half  when his mom dies, lol!
Our children read because they saw us always  reading as they were growing up,
and we always took trips to the library.

I discovered Harry Potter when book two came out.  Yep, I'm finished  with
book 7 already.  I will ALWAYS read a book of a movie or television  show I saw
that I liked if it is based on one.  Latest case in point?   The Dresden Files
on SciFi.  (For the lady who mentioned she likes  vampires, etc, this is one
NOT to miss if you haven't read them already.)   I saw the television series
and knew I had to read the books.  They are  great, and I'm reading book 7
right now.  (Hm, something about those  7s...).

I love mysteries the best, or almost any book that has both suspense and
humor!  (I love to laugh out loud reading a book!)  Janet Evanovitch  has an
incredible series as does Diana Gabaldon.  I read historical books  as well,
especially if they have to do with Scottish history.  (Kinda fun  when you can see
part of your family history on the history channel...  hehehe).  Reading is
important, it opens up so much to a person!  We  live in an incredible age where
reading, TV, movies and the internet can all  compliment each other in the
quest to learn and be entertained.  Just like  anything else in life, too much
of one thing is not so great, there should be a  balance in all those things.

Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling... I spent the day getting rained on at
the Farmer's Mkt in Park City!  Going back to lurk mode now...

Kerry
_www.celtcraftdesigns.com_ (http://www.celtcraftdesigns.com/)
_www.thebeadcoop.com_ (http://www.thebeadcoop.com/)
I'm blogging! _http://www.celtcraftdesigns.blogspot.com_