[Artemisia] Reading

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 10:53:09 CDT 2007

Greetings,

  I truly didn't say there was any limit to conversation, only that I think its appropriate that we try and limit our conversations to the sort of thing I outlined.

  If you all insist, I certainly can't stop you.  However, that being said, I'd better not see anyone besides Yumitori-sama ever critiquing anyone about what they say on the Aerie.  Otherwise you'll be painted with the Scarlet "H" for hypocrisy.  This includes, in my opinion, any so called 'crass commercial messages' that have been known to pop up from time to time.  If I want to share Amway with you, that should be my right because some of you are probably interested.

  CvZ

S CLEMENGER <sclemenger at msn.com> wrote:
  Conrad, with all due respect to your preferences, there is *NOTHING* in the way this list is set up that limits us to SCA-only topics. I know, 'cuz I just checked. Unless His Excellency, Sir Yumitori says otherwise, of course (as actual list owner), the Aerie is just a mailing list for the Kingdom of Artemisia. Nothing in the list description about staying on-topic. Nothing about acceptable topics. Nada. It does ask us to use SCA standards of courtesy and chivalry, which would probably make it a bit more dicey to try to discuss really controversial topics, but I haven't seen any of that in the chitchat about books that's populated the list the last few days.
Frankly, I think it's been refreshing. Other than event announcements, this list tends to be pretty moribund, so it's nice to see something happening on it.
If you don't care for the current topics being discussed, I cordially invite you to start a new thread, or start using your delete key.
--Maire, being a bit abrupt, but not being rude either (which she's also good at...and sarcasm, as well, and she's not using that one, either....)