[Artemisia] Why Conrad is a big fat jerk - was 'Reading'

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 12:52:04 CDT 2007

Greetings,

  Now I am the crusher of dreams.

  In my defense, I really only complained the the stories of childhood horror should be shared in private, not on the aerie (see my third email of 15:49:58 of July 25, 2007).  Like the stories of childhood abuse, I'm not only not interested, but finding them in emails disguised as Harry Potter was more than a little disturbing.

If that destroys your 'dream' I can only say I'm sorry.  Tales of child abuse go a long way towards destroying mine.  Not to mention what they might dig up for others.

  CvZ

Andrea Waddell <aravis227 at hotmail.com> wrote:
  It's sort of
funny that this should come up. You see, I don't normally post on the Aerie,
specifically because I've watched so many people have their ideas or opinions
slammed down. When I was posting about the magic I see in Harry Potter, and in
other various children's books, it was reminding me of all the reasons I had
joined the SCA in the beginning. The idea that this was a group of people who
truly was trying to do what was right, simply for the sake of doing right. I
lost my Dream of the SCA somewhere over the past two years, and am trying to get
it back. This random conversation about Harry Potter was, in a way, reminding
me of all the things I saw in the SCA when I first started. All the reasons
that I loved it and enjoyed it. It was a place where all those childhood ideals and beliefs were coming true. You are reminding me of all the reasons I lost
that Dream. The intolerance, the refusal to accept other people's opinions, the
"You shall not do thus because I do not like it" attitude that also comes along
in the SCA. You are, of course, free to view the SCA as you choose, but please remember that everyone else is listening to you when you try to tromp on someone else's conversation. As has been pointed out, this list is usually rather quiet except for event announcements. If we were truly overwhelming a period, SCA related conversation I would understand your concern. As it is, this is the first true life I've seen on this list in several weeks. -Maysun