[Artemisia] Email and Social Interaction

Michele Wolf mwolf at telemetric.net
Tue Jul 31 08:57:32 CDT 2007

I definitely understand what you mean about the subtleties of a conversation without adequate vision.  But this
list is worse.. it is a conversation without adequate vision or hearing!  This is a conversation of Helen Kellers!
Given that, we're not doing too badly.

Giliana

have an environment in which we constantly re-create conversation with
less-than-perfect vision.

And we find:

1.  A greater quickness to see offense than in face to-face interaction.
(Could something similar have contributed to the excesses of duelling
cultures?)

2.  Speakers often expressing themselves more fully and cautiously than
they do face-to-face.

Some of our best re-creations are those we do accidentally.

Regards,
Niccolo
bapadget at yahoo.com