[Artemisia] Barons War Report???

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 12:35:52 CDT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: "rcfaevans at comcast.net" <rcfaevans at comcast.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:31:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Barons War Report???

Archery:

Ragnarr (of Loch Salann) won the Main Archery Tournament.  It was grueling and hot.  Just as much an endurance test as one of skill.  The final 8 archers to enter the Championship round represented many Lands of the Kingdom and even one from the Outlands.  Their Majesties, Her Highness, Their Excellencies Loch Salann, and His Excellency Gryphon's Lair witnessed the Championship rounds.  They seemed to be entertained.

Their Majesties bestowed upon Ragnarr the Gryphon and Pheon and with it, his Award of Arms.  This was done on the range in the presence of his fellow archers.  So now it is Lord Ragnarr.

I will leave it to Morgan to report on the Bear Pit.  I, for one, had my nose well-tweaked!!!  (Mayhaps I have trained them too well!)

Ryryd

First, congrats to Lord Ragnarr, it is well deserved.  I should also point out that he became just the second person to receive the Order of the White Goose from Sean and Nissa as well, and congratulations for that as well.

If only he had faired so well in the Roibeard MacCarthaigh Memorial Archers' Bear Pit.  Unfortunately, he, like everyone else, found out that Odfa is actually an acronym for "Offensive Device, Feild Archer".  Lord Odolf Liafwin, known as Odfa,  went through the other archers like a scythe through wheat, and almost as fast.  I state with confidence that, had the Armored Combat Melees allowed Combat Archers, Gryphon's Lair would have had a much more difficult victory over Loch Salann, if they won at all, which is in doubt when you're on the business end of Odfa's bow.  He won the bow, and the target (which he burned later, much to his 4-year-old son's horror "Mom, the guy is in the fire!"), defeating his teacher Ryryd quite handily, as well as having that momentary guilt over "slaying" our own Baron Ulrich and Baroness Rachel (yes, Odfa is part of Barony Ashton, as am I).  We raised $75.00 for Roibeard's family, so I count the event a success.  Look for
 another such shoot in the future, perhaps at Insurrection!

Morgan Blaidd Du,
mka Morgan Wolf
Damn Vicar Archery and Stuff
www.damnvicar.com