[Artemisia] Barons War Report???

richard mccarter thorvaldbadaxe at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:06:12 CDT 2007

There was much fun had by all. There was a lot of relaxing to be done on
Thursday and most of Friday, with some good pick up fights on Friday later
afternoon.
Saturday was filled with great melee and tourney's for all. The archery was
indeed an interesting set up and the participants all seemed to be having
fun.
The arts and science competition was wonderful with I think 23 entrants.
There were two new members attending there first event that won in several
categories,congratulations to them as well.
Lord Aaron was fighting his prize for his White Scarf ,congratulations to
him on this well deserved elevation!
After the prize tourney the rapier fighters held a 1 hour ress. battle in
the woods and there was much death ;) .
The armored combatants had a great time on the melee field with some good
scenarios and some tired fighters afterwards.
Shortly after the melee there was the fight in tourney which allowed one
fighter to advance to the Artamesian Royal tourney, Sir Damon was successful
and moved on. The Royal tourney was no doubt a great list with thirteen
entrants plus the fight in (Damon). The finals were between Sir Dahoud and
Sir Michael with Sir Michael rising up victorious.
There was also youth melee thanks to William from BOE and Master Azir from
BGL, and there was no doubt that the kids were having a great time. Also
Vivat to Lady Arora for a great job with the youth activities this weekend.
The day finished off with a lengthy court with many great folks recognized
by there Majesties, but I will leave that up to the court reporters so I
don't leave anything out.
And the grand finally was the 10th year Hafla hosted by Her Majesty.Darbuka
performed, and they were great as always.

All in all it was a great event. Sorry you couldn't be there.

Yis

Baron Thorvald