[Artemisia] Fw: Stefan's Florilegium file for June

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Fri Jun 8 23:32:45 CDT 2007

 Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,

 Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for June detailing what is  new in
the Florilegium this month.

 If you have any comments or suggestions about the Florilegium, please
email me with them. Many of the changes to the Florilegium over the  years
are because of comments by readers.

 Stefan
 ==========
 A Blending of the Past and Present

 Over the past sixteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail  lists and articles
submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
> this information available to others, I have placed this information  in a
> series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium. The Florilegium is on the web
> at: http://www.florilegium.org

 I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an  article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send  it to me for
possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for  more details.

 I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping   me
maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,  editing and
web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
 details.

For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in another
way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of  the site. Any
donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the
overhead costs of keeping the site running.
      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

 Here are the new files for this month:
 In the FEASTS section:
    kit-job-titls-msg    Medieval kitchen job titles.
    Wst-Nt-Wnt-Nt-rev    A review by Mistress Jadwiga Zajaczkowa of
                            "Waste Not, Want Not: Food Preservation ...",
edited by C. Anne Wilson.
 In the FOOD-SWEETS section:
  Cndied-Ginger-art    "Candied Ginger for Remembraunce - Two Versions" by
THL Johnnae llyn Lewis

 In the PENNSIC section:
    Fly-2-Pennsic-msg    Flying to and from Pennsic and other events.
    Pennsic-IX-bk-art    The Pennsic IX participants booklet.

 In the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
    rose-oil-msg         Medieval rose oil. Making it. In the SCA-INC
section:
    Pickg-a-Baron-art    "What to look for in a Baronial candidate?"  by
Duchess Willow de Wisp.

 Here are some of the updated files.
    camp-kitchens-msg    Camp kitchen ideas for SCA use.
    fd-New-World-msg     16th C. food of and from the New World.
    food-gifts-msg       Period food items that make good gifts.
    grains-msg           Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.
    marmalades-msg       Period marmalades and fruit jellies and jams
    merch-cloth-lst      Lists of clothes and pattern merchants.
    sausage-makng-msg    Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
 ---
> Copyright 2007, Mark S. Harris.
> Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted  if
> the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the  updated
> files listed in order to fit the article into limited
 publication space is allowed.  The article introduction may also be
edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.