[Artemisia] Over 7, 400 Attendees At Estrella War XXIII (Feb 2007)!!!

mattkatie2 mattkatie2 at cox.net
Thu Jun 14 10:13:28 CDT 2007

Over 7,400 Attendees At Estrella War XXIII (Feb 2007)!!!
With the completion of final reports for Estrella War XXIII (Feb 2007), the
Kingdom of Atenveldt is pleased to announce that slightly more than 7,400
people attended the event at the new event site in Florence, AZ. This figure
includes merchants and is larger than the preliminary gate count of
approximately 6,100 people announced at Atenveldt Kingdom Court on the last
day of the event.

February 2007 was the first year the annual Estrella War was held at Canyon
Moon Ranch in Florence, AZ.  The new site offers a larger, more spacious
venue for camping, medieval activities, and merchants row at Estrella War.

"We are incredibly pleased with how well the new location worked in 2007,
and look forward to using the site again next year" said Mistress Isabeau
della Farfalla, one of the Main Event Coordinators for the 2008 Estrella
War. "Now that we've been there a year, we can make some adjustments and
really take advantage of the additional space offered at the new site."

Next year's Estrella War XXIV will be held Feb 12-18, 2008 at the same site
used in 2007. See the Estrella War website (www.estrellawar.org) for more
information about the February 2008 event, including revised FAQs
(Frequently Asked Questions) and full information for:

- Preparing for the event (travel, weather, on-site/off-site services,
pre-registration, land and camping)

- Activities at the event (Arts & Sciences, combat, equestrian, archery,
tours and demos)

- Places to know at the event (merchants row, heralds point, period
encampment, volunteer point)

- The Estrella War Treaty (what it is, how/when it's written each year, what
it contains)

- Event administration (who runs the war, the staff list and how to join the
staff)

If you're considering scheduling a winter vacation to attend the event next
year, your planning should start with looking at the new Estrella War
website!

Duchess Katerina O'Callaghan, OP (Katie Richardson)
SCA Internal Media/Website Content Coordinator
ESTRELLA WAR XXIV (Feb 12-18, 2008
More details at www.estrellawar.org
Mattkatie2@ cox.net [OMIT SPACES]