[Artemisia] political correctness

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Wed Jun 20 19:37:23 CDT 2007

Dearest Padruig,

I understand your argument, truly I do. It's the same one I use about
airport security and my 4th amendment rights. You need to take a
stand early to avoid having a small trampling of your rights escalate
into your having no rights at all. However, no one has told you you
can't say "boffer." Organizations change their official names for
things all the time. It doesn't mean people can't continue using the
unofficial ones until they pass out of the lexicon and no one
understands them anymore. At the very worst, if you chose to write an
article for an official SCA publication, they might edit out the word
boffer if you used it. You could choose not to allow them to publish it.

Accusing us of cowardice for disagreeing with you is unjust.
Certainly, I think Yumitori has proved that he is easily brave enough
to say whatever he feels needs to be said. I hope I have, too. We
simply don't feel that the same things need to be said that you do.

Belladonna