[Artemisia] Uprising Media Release

Maximillain von Passau maximillian_von_passau at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 17:07:03 CDT 2007

Greetings.

Is there a way to scan it into a pdf or maybe even a picture, the Shelley Pioneer unfortunately dosnt havea website:(

Max

Allen Hall <earlalan at srv.net> wrote: Hello All,

First of all, thanks for all your kind words about the use of the farm for
Uprising.  Understand that I grew up there, and mostly the fields were work.
Lots and lots of work, my whole life.  To see those same fields transformed
into a medieval village for a few days was amazing!  On Friday my Mom came
down and we drove the Uprising roads, looking at the camps, and all the work
that the Barony (and Corisande and Roland and I) had done to get the place
ready.  Mom was quite amused, and happy to see the land put to good use.

I've been watering the former camping areas, and they'll be returning to
normal condition very shortly.  The grass may even get taller....

I'm happy to report that the SCA treated the property very well, and there
was no significant damage that I could find.  Now the porta-potty guys
picking up their "stuff" on Monday were a slightly different story, but no
big deal.

So, on to the header.  Last night a friend of mine called and said that the
local paper, the Shelley Pioneer, did a story on Uprising.  I picked up a
copy and we made the front page.  I'm REALLY happy to say that Media Officer
(Robert Bedlam, I'm talking about you) did a dynamite job guiding the press
around, as the story is very good, stuck with the SCA, Inc. media package,
and put our organization in the best light possible.  I read that with a
sigh of relief I can tell you!

So, please keep your ideas floating around out there.  Uprising next year
will be better, the site better, and the fighting fields better.  A good
time will be had.  No promises on the weather however.....sorry.

YIS,

Alan

Lord Maximilian von Passau

Stan Wyrm Knight Marshal

'Knowing the Path and Walking the Path are two different things.'