[Artemisia] Historical Terms...was...political correctness

BECKY LEISHMAN leishman10 at msn.com
Tue Jun 26 17:56:51 CDT 2007

snip:
  snip: Morgan Blaidd Du, said

  > Your Majesties, Highnesses, Duke Allan, Baroness Juliana, and Don
  > Maestro Azir, I also petition that "boffer" be replaced with
  > "waster" in ALL of our documents.  We call our rattan sticks by the
  > proper names for real weapons in period, let us do the same for the
  > padded weapons our Pages use.

  Before we change what we call this thing, after all, it is (as far as I know) been called this since the beginning of time.  Might I suggest checking with other kingdoms to find out if they are making the same change?
  While I fully support using terminology that is more 'period' in nature, we don't want our youth who travel to and participate in combat related activities in other kingdoms (think Estrella and Pensic) to get confused
  and/or get into arguments regarding the terminology and requirements for said activity?

  My two pence
  Bethoc