[Artemisia] Kingdom Event

rcfaevans at comcast.net rcfaevans at comcast.net
Mon Mar 5 21:38:18 CST 2007

I think that the idea of a Kingdom event is a great one.  But we may want to pause and consider history just a bit.  I do believe that most, if not all, of the large Kingdom events started as simple local events.  For a number of reasons that can be difficult to quantify (dates, location, organization, luck) these small events grew into large events, then Kingdom events, then Wars.  Even Pennsic started quite modestly.  My point is that it may not be possible to successfully create a Kingdom event ex nihilo.  Without having all of those tenuous elements somehow conjoining, we could create a Kingdom event that lacks participants.  I don't wish to put words in Master Branden's mouth, but that may have been his point with respect to Uprising.  It is, without doubt, the perogative of 1000 Eyes to keep Uprising as a local event.  But, then again, things sometimes just take on a life of their own...

THL Ryryd