[Artemisia] Information about events

Sandra Holladay sandrah at webpipe.net
Tue Mar 6 00:06:36 CST 2007

Greetings Good Gentiles of Artemisia,

There was a missive requesting more event information on the Kingdom Website
and a few good people who responded (and gave very good answers).

Let me elaborate on the Kingdom Website and events.  No, the Kingdom Website
Calendar is not "official," only the Sage Advice is.  However, the Kingdom
Website (or local Website that is carrying the Event information) is the
best place to obtain the most current information on an event (in case of
changes or additional information being posted), simply because of the lead
time required for the Sage Advice.

A lot of event information is posted to the Aerie as a way of disseminating
current information.  The advantage of this is that it reaches a great
number of people.  The disadvantage is that unless it is flagged or stored
in a folder for event information, it can get lost in the avalanche of
postings that are done.  When event information is posted to the Aerie (by
the autocrat) I try to put it on the Kingdom Website so it can be easily
obtained.

Please be aware that I cannot post links to events when I am not notified
that a link exists.  I used to, on a regular basis, go hunting for events to
link to, but found that was too time consuming.  I now link when I see it in
the Aerie or someone officially involved informs me of the link.

I also used to rekey in event information for the Kingdom Website when there
was no event information on the local groups website.  I no longer do that
(it is WAY too time consuming).  I now post event information on the Kingdom
Website when it is sent to me by someone officially involved in the event
and the local group is not posting it.

Just as an FYI, one of the most difficult parts of being a web minister is
getting the information to post; for some reason we get by-passed a lot.
There are some things we cannot put on the sca websites (Kingdom and Local
Group) such as advertising for businesses, but there is a lot we can put on,
if we are notified. For example, the Kingdom Website has a tremendous amount
of information on it -- but I cannot keep that information current or
pertinent without the aid of the populace letting me know when something
needs to be added or changed.

I thank you for your interest in keeping the Kingdom Website a viable means
of communicating.

Yours in Service to the Kingdom and Crown of Artemisia,
THL Marisa nic Griogar
Kingdom of Artemisia Web Minister

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.