[Artemisia] Honoring lost loved ones

KyneWynn kynewynn at sfcn.org
Tue Mar 27 12:54:27 CDT 2007

Greetings Artemisia,
Speaking as one who has lost a loved one, (my husband Kelly the Undecided,
November 2004),  I would like to share what meant the  most to me -- (aside
from my SCA family coming and being with me,  and serving me on a wet,
gloomy, November evening, that will forever stand out in my memory of those
dark days).  The thing that touched me the most has been the  Pictures and
Written  memories people have shared with me of Kelly.  Having them has
given me glimpses of him that I didn't know about.  Through those written
words I have found out about acts of service he quietly gave. I have read
funny stories that make me smile. I have cried as I read about how he
touched someone's life for good. And nodded my head as I read accounts of
how his music inspired someone.   That they are written is a blessing for
me,  and for my children and grandchildren -- for, through these words,  his
memory is kept alive amd my grandchildren  can learn  who he was. Because
they are written, I can return to them and be comforted when I am feeling
down.   If I was doing a memorial for someone,  I would collect stories and
pictures to give to the family.

As for ceremony -- a mark of remembrance,  whatever form it takes,  be that
riderless horses,  arms draped in crepe,  or burning of sage or tankards, is
a token of caring from friends.   I remain,

YIS,

Lady KyneWynn the Kind
Shire of Arrows' Flight