[Artemisia] Honoring lost loved ones

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Tue Mar 27 09:29:05 CDT 2007

>> Rebecca wrote: "Our Kingdom has created some incredibly impressive and
>> moving ceremonies in
>> the past.  I'm sure we can come up with something equally impressive to
>> honor our loved ones."

For what it is worth...I was at the An Tir Coronation where they began
the riderless horse ceremony. It was STUNNING, respectful and not a dry
eye in the house. They built the horse panapoly (sp) out of the retired
An Tir Champions cloaks (keeping the heraldry) and made small tassels
for the edges (Red for the ladies, Black for the Men) representing each
person who had passed in Antir since it's inception. Heralds read all
the names in order, and the Ladies of the Rose and Valorous Estate
clipped them on. They add new names once a year at Summer Coronation
(Easier to get their horse there...it's a 17 hand, coal black Shire
gelding.)

IF Artemisia chooses to intiate something like this...lets keep it a
serious ceremony. Our loved ones deserve that honor. Keep the stories
and drinking for our own encampments, where we can appreciate them
without potentially offending someone who has no knowledge of our friends.

In that vein, for those who knew Aislynn the Wanderer (Jessica Syring);
I am very sorry to add that she passed away to complications from a
sudden illness last Thursday, Mar 22nd. There will be services in Helena
in the coming weeks, contact me privately if you need more information.

Juliana