[Artemisia] Arrowsflight Mystery event

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Fri Mar 30 13:10:47 CDT 2007

Greetings, one and all

By way of annoncement, and reminder...

To all who are attending Mystery Event, and wish their wrack members (children, for those of you from outside the shire) to compete in the boffer tourney...

1.   Participants must have a parent in actual presence during the tourney.   WE ARE NOT A BABYSITTING SERVICE.   Participants will NOT be permitted to compete without parent watching.   There are many reasons for this, which will not be discussed here.   Those who have complaints about this will be referred to our Shire Complaint Minister, otherwise known as Lord Vidar Head... I mean Bow Breaker

2.   Participants must have their own helmet/ headgear.   There are health reasons for this, as well.   This headgear must cover the face and head, and be secured with a strap.   It is useful if each participant has their own boffer weapon, as well, but we will have some loaners on hand

3.   It is recommended that there be other protective gear, as well, including a gorget, and cup.   As the Kingdom Boffer Rules get finalized, the various age groups will have required protective gear, but those are not yet in effect for this event.

There will be three age categories for this tourney, so those of you with really young ones will not have to worry about a 12 year old beating on them.   There will be prizes awarded in each category, and the winners will be recognized in court.

YIS

Padruig McTavish,
Bard of Arrows' Flight,
and default Boffer Marshal