[Artemisia] King Richard

Child of Faith elianaadriel at juno.com
Tue May 8 02:51:45 CDT 2007

Interesting discussion on King Richard. I don't know much about that,
but I would like to point out to Morgan that the "resolution" for a
"man who lies with a man" was more than simply a bath. Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have
done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be
on their own heads." And 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "Do you not know that the
wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither
the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes
nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor
slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." And so,
actually, it does say they are damned to hell (a theological discussion
I do not care to get into, just pointing out the verses that say it).
As far as women go, there is Romans 1:25-27: "They exchanged the truth
of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than
the Creator=97who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave
them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural
relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned
natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one
another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in
themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Beyond that, I am really curious to see if any documentation is found
on King Richard's persuasion. =

Tegan

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -unknown