[Artemisia] Historiography and Richard Lionheart - final answer

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Tue May 8 15:53:44 CDT 2007

Just in case you were worried about me feeling slammed, I haven't
felt slammed at any point in any of this conversation. I've very much
enjoyed everything you've had to say, Milord, and everyone else, too.
I'm just an argumentative old woman who has a hard time resisting the
impulse to play devil's advocate on topics that interest me. I just
really, really love to think. It's my favorite pastime. But I'm
fairly hard to offend, slow to anger, and quick to forgive.

Your story about your college paper hits home! I can remember more
than one college paper I wrote that I'd blush to let anyone peek at
now. My degree is in English, not history. That doesn't mean I didn't
have to be careful about sources and conclusions, but I probably did
have a lot more freedom to pose almost any thesis I wanted to as long
as I supported my argument and was straightforward about it when I
knew I was being "creative."

Belladonna