[Artemisia] King Richard Cont.

Child of Faith elianaadriel at juno.com
Wed May 9 02:35:37 CDT 2007

There are multiple sources of the Hebrew translation available. The KJ
version is an English translation based of a Latin translation based
off of the most ancient Hebrew texts of the time. I would expect there
to be errors. I don't use it. My versions (I have several) of the Bible
(including the most recent editions of the NIV) are based on the oldest
Hebrew texts known today and include notes on discrepancies between
Hebrew, Septuagint, and other ancient texts. There are no such notes on
the Leviticus verse. What's most accurate, I don't know. Especially
since ancient Hebrew is a dead language and there is a lot of
discussion on what words really meant. I don't know Hebrew, so all I
can say is my dictionaries and versions concur on that verse so *shrug*
who knows. =

Oh, and, as of Saturday, it is now Lady Tegan! *huge grin*

Lady Tegan

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -unknown