[Artemisia] Picking Nits Over King Richard's bedplay

Angela Zentz allegretza at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 09:27:16 CDT 2007

Is that where the phrase "It is good to be King" comes in??
  <grin>

TClayton <hereford at xmission.com> wrote:
  Vivat!
Let's also not forget that relations between men and women were almost
if not equally damning in the eyes of the Church at the time as well. I
don't recall the exact date, but I believe as late as the mid-11th century
marriage wasn't even a sacrament in the church because it allowed sexual
relations. It was thought up until that time, that was best left to secular
custom.
Richard's sins, with a man or a woman, may have been equally chastised
in the period by the lay community.
I thinks it's a fair assessment to say, Richard liked to party, and
clearly society would look the other way for the most part when you ruled
half of Western Europe
-----Ralph, Rex Artemisia