[Artemisia] Renn Faire Membership Drive

Kimi Singson sofithecrabby at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 22:13:38 CDT 2007

Greetings Gentle Cousins,
As discussed in evening court at Middle Eastern War yesterday here is additional information for the Utah Renn Faire membership drive.

Last year this was a wonderful event! We had a pavilion set up for A&S that was manned by our Baronies populace, we had several
tournaments, a drumming and belly dance exhibition and had our members mingling with the Faire attendees. This year we are looking to provide a similar demo.

The Faire runs May 18-20 from 10 am to 8 pm and I am looking for volunteers to sign up for a specific block of time to man the pavilion so we can ensure we have adequate coverage at all times. Friday and Sunday were the days that had the lightest volunteer turnout last year, if you are coming up you are invited to camp over night. (Please be aware that all tents up during the faire hours must be "medieval style". If you have a mundane style tent, while certainly welcome, you will need to collapse it during the faire operating hours.) Any type of visual display would be greatly appreciated for the arts tables (Scrolls, garb, arts, books), music and dance are greatly encouraged and of course we will be having fighting tournaments. Even if you don't know if you have anything to showcase come anyway! We want to show show all style and skill levels to help draw those who have an interest, but have never attempted some of the medieval arts.

All SCA-dians in garb who are actively assisting with the demo will get free admission to the park, just present your membership card at the ticket window and inform them you are there for the SCA demo. If you do *not* have a current membership card please email me your mundane name and I will put it on the will call list. The ticket window will have my phone number if there are any questions. If you are still deciding if you will attend, send me your name just in case and get it added to the list. I will be heading to the faire early Friday to set up, so please have names to me by Thursday night.

For address, directions and more Faire information please see their official website at http://www.utahrenfest.com/ if you have questions about the demo please email me at SofiTheCrabby at yahoo dot com or call 801-376-7889 (phone calls between 9 am and 9 pm only please).
YiS,
Sofi the Crabby

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.