[Artemisia] Announcement from the Board on the background check policy

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Tue May 15 12:46:13 CDT 2007

FYI- Hopefully this will answer some of the questions currently being
passed about. --- Baroness Juliana / Kingdom Seneschal

Announcement from the Board on the background check policy
Submitted by Milica on Fri, 2007/05/11 - 14:38.
SCA | Youth Activities
Patrick Anderson, President of the Society for Creative Anachronism,
Inc., responds to concerns dealing with the upcoming background check
policy from the SCA's Board of Directors.

In a continuing effort to share information with the SCA's participants
about the upcoming background check policy, we would like to answer some
of the questions about the policy we have received thus far. Please bear
in mind that we have not established any policy to this point, and we
are still accepting all input into the policy development. Our answers
here reflect our understanding of the policy development as we have
researched to date. This policy is still in the developmental stages.

--

Q: Should we use the "2 adults not related by blood or
marriage/relationship at all official youth activities" rule (aka: the