[Artemisia] IMPORTAINT NOTICE ABOUT UPRISING XXI

John Gibson scjdgibson at gmail.com
Thu May 17 15:01:36 CDT 2007

Please pass this to everyone you can.
Due to errors on my part in misunderstanding the legal requirements of SCA
waivers and Idaho law, there has been a severe policy change regarding the
bringing of children to Uprising whom you are not the parent or legal
guardian of.  We will no longer ask for a Temporary Grant of Guardianship.
I have been informed that we cannot accept this in exchange for the proper
documents.  What we require is properly filled out copies of the SCA Minor
Waiver (Bring 2, one will be retained at gate), and IF that child will
participate in any form of combat related activity, a SCA Minor Medical
Waiver will be needed.  I will have copies of these forms posted to the
website later this evening (as soon as I can get my laptop on-line), but
these forms can also be found on the SCA's main website at
http://sca.org/docs/welcome.html.

I appoligise for both the inconveinence of this, and the late timing of my
getting the corrected information up and out.  Please pass this information
on to anyone and anywhere in the known world you may think it will do good.
Thank You,

THL John Gilson
MKA John D. Gibson
Autocrat Uprising XXI