[Artemisia] Artemisia's Oldest Event

SirMLL at aol.com SirMLL at aol.com
Tue May 22 21:39:35 CDT 2007

Oopsie!  I guess I got the dates wrong!   However, when I advertised that
this was the 25th year of Melee Madness, I  meant as an uninterrupted event,
autocrated/co-autocrated by me.  Sir  Mika's Melee Madness had its reign cut short
by the insistence of mundane  picnickers that softball fields were meant for
softball, not medieval combat  (unreasonable, in my opinion), and their
refusal to don armor and decide the  matter like civilized people.
    Birthday Tourney is definitely the oldest ongoing  event in this part of
the Knowne World, and I will have to do some more digging  to see if the
Winter Solstice event is third or fourth.

Sir Michael