[Artemisia] Artemisia's Oldest Event

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 11:11:25 CDT 2007

Sir Michael clarified:

>when I advertised that
>this was the 25th year of Melee Madness, I  meant as an uninterrupted
>event,
>autocrated/co-autocrated by me.

Even so, quarter century of staying wedded to the same event is no small
achievement. Most marriages don't last that long.

>Sir  Mika's Melee Madness had its reign cut short
>by the insistence of mundane  picnickers that softball fields were meant
>for
>softball, not medieval combat  (unreasonable, in my opinion), and their
>refusal to don armor and decide the  matter like civilized people.

What, they objected merely because they found the game too different? I'm
sure they would not have raised a fuss if baeball players had taken the
field. How barbaric.

>     Birthday Tourney is definitely the oldest ongoing  event in this part
>of
>the Knowne World, and I will have to do some more digging  to see if the
>Winter Solstice event is third or fourth.

So next March will be the 30th anniversary of Defenders? I'm a big believer
in celebrating milestones. Silver anniversaries, elevations, Mstrs. Tangl's
autocratting her hundredth event....stamina deserves celebration.

Aurora de Portugal
Loch Salann