[Artemisia] Egyptian Can Can?

Megen/Phoebe hlmegen at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 21:19:01 CDT 2007

Off topic a bit..... I danced with Zahirah for quite a few years and her sword is very real and a bit heavy!  It was purchased on one of her tours to the middle east, though I can not remember exactly where she said she got it.  One of the things that makes her dance with the sword so amazing is her respect and understanding of the weapon.  Not just anyone is allowed to even touch it.  She is the best I have ever seen dance with a sword and after all of these years I am still at awe.

  Megen

Stephanae Baker <stephanae at countryrhoades.net> wrote:
  I WAS sort of wondering if it was related to the can can.

Will you have canes there to lend or do interested participants need
to bring their own? I have a sword (albeit not the enormous,
dangerous-looking, Zahirah style scimitar I wish I had), a couple
sets of finger cymbals (they're even Zills), various sizes and shapes
of fans, and a ton of veils. I even have two doumbeks I can hardly
play. But I haven't a cane to my name. It's very tragic.

Belladonna