[Artemisia] Missing things from Crown

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri May 25 23:03:09 CDT 2007

Yuppers.  Last autumn.  International, even.  There were about 500 of us,
all over the globe.  We were given an initial target, and on a certain day,
were all given access to the same pattern.  The object of the game was to
knit and mail the socks to your intended victim before the person above you
in the food chain knit and mailed *your* socks, at which point you acquired
their target, and so forth, until only one person was left.  It was a lot of
fun, even if it did make me perfectly paranoid about opening my mailbox.  I
also could have knit that darned pattern sound asleep by the time I was
done--made it through 5?6? targets before I was finally "eliminated."
--Maire