[Artemisia] In Praise of Play

Bruce Padget bapadget at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 12:44:08 CDT 2007

Lord Padruig writes:

>I would counter with this.   Arrows' Flight is both, and quite successful.  We have all offices filled, and reporting, and we >definately DO play.   It can be done.

Indeed, Arrow's Flight does.  Now.  And for now.

This was not always the case -- there was a time, yerz ago, when Arrow's Flight worked, but did not play.

And it may not always be the case.  When things go wrong (they will, Murphy's Law governs us all), will it be remembered that play is not just as important as work, but *more* important?  (Work makes a place to come to.  Play is why you come.  To stretch a zen metaphor, we need nets to get fish.  But we don't eat nets.)

Here and now, does Arrow's Flight recognize and value those who provide good examples of play as highly as those who provide good examples of work?  I honestly think Arrow's Flight does better on this than any other branch in Artemisia, but I submit there may still be a little room to improve.

Regards,
Niccolo
bapadget at yahoo.com