[Artemisia] In Praise of Play

Kevin Tucker ktucker59 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 13:29:59 CDT 2007

I beleive that we do value our players. It is one of the keys to our success. Most of us work in one capacity or another, including the children. Our mantra is "come and have fun". We know that it takes some effort to have that fun but we all try to cycle through the work to make sure everyone has some time to stop and smell the roses. Crown tourney is an example. There was much work to be done but people were shooed away from their work to go and enjoy by others who were capable.

We do have room to improve. No matter how good an individual or group is that is always true. We must be ever vigilant against venturing down the dark path of all work, for that way lies politics an evil monster indeed. Fortunatly we have enough experienced members who have seen those dark times to help steer around those troubled waters.

Stephan