[Artemisia] In Praise of Play

Dan Lind darthnapster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:04:26 CDT 2007

On 11/2/07, Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil <archergodwin at cableone.net>
wrote:

> And I agree wholeheartedly, which is where my "helium" comment came from.
> I have
> also reminded friends that their helium level is exceeding their energy
> level:
> because they are my friends. Burn-out is often just a step away from
> drop-out.
>
> The short answer is: Both work and play are necessary and in the correct
> balance.
>
> That's what we all struggle with.
>
> Godwin
>

> -snip
> >Here I must disagree.  My experience is that many burn-out cases burn
> themselves
> out.  They insist on doing work beyond what is needed, and/or insist that
> no one
> else can do the job they are doing.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Niccolo
> >bapadget at yahoo.com
>
> ---- Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I find communication to be
fascinating.  First we have a Pelican giving advice on
having fun (which is, in and of itself, awesome).  Then we have tons of
others, also great public servants, who respond with statements that may
seem to disagree.  Some people out there may even be offended by Niccolo's
words, but at no time have I seen one word that contradicts his original
idea.  Some of you may not think so, but I think that ya'll 'r all saying
the same things.  Which is good.  Some people need things rephrased into
their own lingo before it makes sense to 'em.  I for one think this
discussion rules.  And I bow to Niccolo for starting it.  I hope lots of
good comes from it.  But if I'm the only one who tries a bit harder to have
fun while doing the most helpful thing I can find, then Niccolo's original
post is still a success.

With thanks to all,

Christian

--
Einarr Håkonson the Christian, GPA
Côte du Ciel

"It's a dangerous business, going out your front door.  You step onto the
Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might
be swept off to."
- Bilbo Baggins

"Imagine being magically swept away to Delaware...  ...Hi, I'm in Delaware"
- Wayne Campbell

"I think you've had enough to drink, Wayne.  Frodo, bring Wayne some
coffee."
- Bilbo