[Artemisia] In Praise of Play

Tal talanesea at comcast.net
Sat Nov 3 14:47:36 CDT 2007

I'd attend more often if I had a role to play, but one of the difficulties
of helping is not knowing what needs to be done.  If I saw a list of jobs,
I'd be more likely to jump in.  Looking at a list that says: Help serving
the feast, Arrive early and set up pavilions and Stay late and clean up site
- takes out the unknowns.  When you see the thing that says "Volunteers
needed," well, it's just too vague for me and I'm too Catholic (read=guilt
ridden) to say no after that.  Frankly I'm terrified I'll get stuck
somewhere I hate and then I'm reluctant the next time.  A vicious cycle
really.  I guess I just want it to be easier to volunteer.

Tal

Message: 1