[Artemisia] Paper Making in the Keep-Supply List

VLJ1930 at aol.com VLJ1930 at aol.com
Thu Nov 8 21:59:15 CST 2007

good evening Michael
i do not have pictures of the process but that is surely  something that we
may try to do.  i have several books that have some  pictures and i will look
around to see if i can find anything online to share  with you.
i have not used raw plant materials or fibers yet.  they  required some extra
processing and pulping steps and materials and at this  time i was just
trying to refresh myself with the basic process.
one of my books has more information on natural materials and  i would like
to plan to move in that direction when(if) we do another  session.
i guess that is why we are calling it experimenting   hehe

i have been using for reference:
CA Volume #89 Jan 1997 titled 'The Art of Papermaking  A  Guide to Papercraft
in the Middle Ages'
by Baroness Anneike Mac Aiodh Van der Sicklyn
and a book by a modern artist 'The Art and Craft of Paper' by  Faith Shannon
(she has a nice section on using natural materials)

i will let you know if i have anymore to share  soon
Vígdís

Michael the Loud _hanhebin at yahoo.com _
(mailto:artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org?Subject=[Artemis
ia]%20Paper%20Making%20in%20the%20Keep-Supply%20List&In-Reply-To=c43.1e6bd0c9.3464f292 at aol.com)
Thu Nov 8 17:31:45  CST 2007
I have been interested in paper making for a few  years
now.  Do you have pictures of paper making process?
Something  like a .pdf.  Second, have you done paper
making using raw materials  other than paper.  That
would be of great interest to  me.

Thanks,
Michael