[Artemisia] Paper Making in the Keep-Supply List

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 14:57:01 CST 2007

> There is a good standard ref for paper making
> now published as a Dover Book, and that is
> _Papermaking_ by Dard Hunter. It covers the
> history of paper and both modern and historical
> methods.  It's not a "hold-your-hand" craft
> book. The methods discussions are good enough
> to have shown me how to rot my own linen and
> cotton and to build my own period deckle for
> making "laid paper" (which is the only style
> of paper made in the Middle Ages). It's an
> excellent secondary source.

One of the woodworking projects I've been wanting to
do is a printing press.  How do you think the paper
you made would hold up?  Any suggestions?

I looked on the Salt Lake County Library site and they
don't have the book you mentioned but they did have 44
other titles which includes video sources.

An earlier person mentioned about frames.  I won't get
home before the libraries close this evening.  Another
kingdom wants me to donate a couple of bowstring jigs
as prizes so on my way home I'm stopping by Lowes to
pick up some wood.  Thought I would ask if anybody has
suggestion on frame design.  As I am going to spend a
couple of hours in my woodshop, I might as well make a
some of frames for paper making.

Michael