[Artemisia] Paper Making book source

VLJ1930 at aol.com VLJ1930 at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 00:18:24 CST 2007

thanks so much for this reference Therasia.  i will look for it as  soon as i
get a chance.
humbly,
Vígdís

There is a good standard ref for paper making
now published as a  Dover Book, and that is
_Papermaking_ by Dard Hunter. It covers  the
history of paper and both modern and historical
methods.  It's  not a "hold-your-hand" craft
book. The methods discussions are good  enough
to have shown me how to rot my own linen and
cotton and to build  my own period deckle for
making "laid paper" (which is the only style
of  paper made in the Middle Ages). It's an
excellent secondary  source.

ttfn
Therasia