[Artemisia] **Youth Activities at Solstice**

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:32:53 CST 2007

Ta-daaaaa!

Presenting the Official Announcement for Solstice Youth Activities:
(feel free to re-post)
The Loch Salann Youth Ministry will have craft projects available to suit a wide range of ages; children can create small, sparkly gifts for parents and friends. Lady Maeve of the 7M Guild will once again fascinate us with her beautiful Renaissance marionettes. Throughout the day adults and kids can enjoy traditional tales from the SCA period told by Normans, Norse, Spaniards, and storytellers from other lands.

The gaming tables will offer board games to entice young and old alike: Glaukhaus played with dwarven gold, 9-Mens-Morris with elven jewels, perhaps even more. The afternoon will feature some physical interplay to keep all that youthful energy channeled.

During this day we may also be honored with the presence of a visitor from the far, far north--a kingdom so icy that a magical sled pulled by reindeer is the only form of transport. This guest and his mischievous assistants will be dispensing largesse from Loch Salann to the youth of the kingdom.

As Yuletide is the season for giving, the barony will be holding an auction to raise funds for Youth Ministry. Two prizes will be on display for your admiration: a pirate ship toy play set (complete with parrot!) and a castle play set with knights, donated by Her Grace Caryn.

The youth ministries around the kingdom are always glad for the extra hands and eyes of parents and other thoughtful adults. The more grown-ups there are, the more attentive, productive, and eager the children are. Please help the MOY maintain The 2-Deep Rule of Adult Supervision so youth activities do not have to be stopped.

If you would like to volunteer in any capacity for youth activities, or have further questions, please contact me by phone or e-mail. I can also be found at the BLS winter fighter practice site on Wednesday nights.

Aurora de PortugalOutgoing BLS Minister of Youthdtavares1 at hotmail.com801-363-4482