[Artemisia] Sausage and Cheese Classes at Southern Collegium

Roxann Hatch wilhemina3 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 11:05:15 CDT 2007

Greetings Gentle Cousins,

  My name is Hilde and I will be teaching the sausage and cheese classes at Southern Collegium on Saturday. They will run concurrently. They are more of a hands on thing than a lecture activity.

  My time slot in the kitchen begins at 1 pm and goes until 4 pm. I will be very happy to teach people on a drop in basis so you can make as many other classes as you want.

  The cheese class has a cost of $2 and a gallon of whole milk that you bring with you. I will provide all necessary equipment to make the cheese and a container to take it home in. I will also provide fresh herbs and such for flavorings, and a handout. It should take 30-45 minutes to make the cheese.

  The sausage making will commence shortly after 1 pm and is a hands on help Hilde make sausage for the Crown Tourney feast. Come learn how to chop meat without a grinder and how to stuff natural casings without electricity, There will be a $1 cost for the handout. The sausage making will be ongoing for the full 4 hours.

  If you want to make some sausage to take home with you, the cost is $6 for 1 pound of sausage and a handout. I will provide all necessary equipment and ingredients. It could take anywhere from an hour to 2 hours to produce your own sausages.

  Any questions, please feel free to call me at home: 964-1801 until 10 p.m.

  See You Saturday!

  Hilde

Hilde