[Artemisia] SCA vehicles

JRoss007 at aol.com JRoss007 at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 07:45:08 CDT 2007

I have owned a Ford Aerostar XLT van for some 5 years now.  Moving the 3 butt
back seat to the middle mounts (and getting rid of the 2 butt  middle seat )
gives me an incredible amount of cargo space.
 In 2003  these workhorse took me, My then fiance , and Mistress  Shauna, 2
tents a popup sunshade many chairs and other comphy stuff, 2 coolers  and I
believe 6 boxes of Heraldry related stuff to Estrella War.
  (and when I pack,I like taking the sink and other household goods  with
me.) We took all this without loading anything on top and still had a  little
room to rattle. The old one got 21 mpg on the highway cruising at 75,  (the new
one gets 18 at 75, but still gets 21-23 at 65 mph.) Cruise control ,  air, a
decent sound system.
  Overall a very good (IMHO) warwagon..  Now they are no longer  made, but
What I have seen of the Freestar, same SHip, more modern lines. A big  plus is
that it is built on a Pickup truck frame, so it just sneers at the roads  that
we SCAdians love to go camping on.

   Lord Eoin

Hi all,

I'm sending out a call for knowledge and experience.   My car gave up the
ghost last week (you should see the other guys car), so I  need a new one.
Since this is the first time I've looked for a car with the  SCA in mind, I'd
like to get some advice.  What vehicles have worked  well in the past?  Which
ones suck?  What features are most  useful?  For reference sake, I'm thinking
about getting a wagon,  something like an Outback or a Protege 5.  So far I
have found a manual  transmission to be a much better option for my driving
style. So if any of  you have ideas for me I would greatly appreciate them.
And if any of you see  a vehicle that just screams to be among the group
of Artemisian iron steeds,  let me know.  I'm located on the border of Utah
and Idaho if that  helps.

Thanks all,

Christian