[Artemisia] sca auto (with horses)

Auraelia de Medici auraeliade at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 16:57:23 CDT 2007

This summer, we got our Dream Vehicle to pull the horse trailer, but it has served as a great SCA hauler, too.  We picked up the 2007 Toyota Tundra 8.5 iForce engine.  It drives like a car, has a sharp turning radius, and pulls everything we've thrown at it so far.  This includes a fully loaded down 3/4 ton diseal truck that broke down on the way home from Uprising.  It has the extended cab, and it comes with actual side doors.  This is NOT the crew cab, just the extended.  The seats in the back are roomy and you can raise them if you're hauling gear and not passengers.  We're getting about 18 mpg on the highway.  We have been tickled with this big truck since day one (we got it in May) and have absolutely no regrets spending a bit more.  Although, we found out that with once you start adding features to other brands trucks, the price begins to equalize out.

We have a little basic Toyota 4X4 pickup that we bought back in 1995.  It's got nearly 112,000 miles without any significant work.  Good gas milage and handles road conditions very well.  It's 4W, 4 cyl with a topper that has side windows that open.  It's been great.  Yes, they do cost a bit more, but they rarely need expensive repairs, run for hundreds of thousands of miles and are just all around great little vehicles.  We'll probably need to sell our little truck someday, but I'm told it's still worth about $7,600.  How about that for holding value?

Lady Auraelia de Medici, Cd'O