[Artemisia] Toys for Tots Announcement

Ellisif Sleggja elsbet1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 23:00:36 CDT 2007

Toys For Tots

Once again it is that time of year that we the Shire of Arrows Flight
do call upon the most noble and chivalrous folk of our great kingdom.
We invite you to join us this day and show all the honor and
generosity of our most noble society. For days now everyone in the
Shire has been busy preparing the special food dishes to be served
that night in the Great Hall. All the rooms and halls have been
cleaned and decorated in preparation for this special day and now all
are waiting for the arrival of you, our guests and friends, so the fun
and games can begin.

Activities planned for this day will be many and all will challenge
your strength, wit, speed and skills. On this day we will be
determining our shire's Arts and Sciences champion. Dancing, Dancing
and more Dancing. Belly dancing and period dancing of all types will
take place, so bring your drums and dancing costumes. We are here to
have fun and celebrate life and the joy of giving.

This is also the time of Championships. We will be holding our Shire
Bardic, Arts and Sciences and Brewing Championships. Both of these
competitions are open to all comers, Shire membership is not required.
Prizes will be given for the champion of each division and also for
an overall champion. The Shire champion will be given to the populace
member with the highest overall score.

We ask that you bring you bring at least one toy and a canned food
item. You may bring more toys and use the tokens from their donation
towards bribes and or rewards for contestants and performers in the
different tourneys and activities of the day. Toys should be unwrapped
and unopened in their original packaging. All food items should be non
perishable. All toys will be donated to the United States Marine Corps
Toys for Tots program. All food items will be donated to the local
food bank.

The Site: American Fork Senior Center, 54 E Main Street, American
Fork, UT. The site opens at 10:00 AM and closes at 10:00 PM. The site
is : discreetly damp, period containers only, and no pets are allowed.
Directions to the Site: Take I-15 exit 278 American Fork. Go east off
the exit and head into American Fork. The Senior Center and park are
located between Center Street and 100 East. Parking is along the
street and to the South of the Senior Center.

Site Fees: Adults $5.00, 12 and under $3 with a $3 surcharge for
nonmembers.

Feast Fees: The feast this year will be light and fun. Finger foods
and easy to eat items are the theme this year, so come and enjoy Lord
Jacques and Lady Ash's fine foods. Adults $ 8.00, 12 and under $4.
Prepaid feast reservations should be sent to Karina Tucker at 1937 S
Main St. Orem UT 84058 before Nov 5, 2005. Please make checks payable
to Arrows' Flight, SCA Inc.

Event steward: Asa Haroldsdottir (Terri Elliott) & Finlay Comyn (Ted
Elliott), PO Box 2105, Provo, UT 84603, 435-830-7017 or 435-830-7596.
Finlay's email: tedrelliott1@ yahoo.com, Asa's email:
terrilelliott@ yahoo.com