[Artemisia] Silent Heralds

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 20 09:51:02 CDT 2007

There is a growing need for sign language interpreters for Artemisia.  There is a small but growing pool of individuals in Artemisia who can provide this much-needed service.  In order to encourage coordination between folks who would benefit from the service and those who are willing to provide this service, I have started a Yahoo group with a message board for discussion and a database table for silent heralds willing to sign at Courts.  The goal is aligned with other kingdoms of the Known World ... to have a silent herald present and serving at all Kingdom events.

This does not mean silent heralds would not be available for local events.  If there is a need and a provider locally ... please do so.  Eventually and ideally we would like to see this service provided whenever and wherever needed.

If you are a silent herald interested in providing services to the hearing impaired of our fair kingdom, please join the yahoo group ArtSilentHeralds.  If you have questions regarding the Silent Heralds program ... please feel free to email me off list.

Cheers

Malkin
Silent Herald Coordinator.

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.