No subject

Tue Oct 2 12:36:41 CDT 2007

spread anything on the ground at events. Be extra sure that your  dried
materials do not contain viable SEEDS. These seeds can sprout over  time
and if the species is aggressive, can impact the landowners fields.  And
trust me if it's a money crop like hay or alfalfa it can be a  bigger
issue than one may think. The same applies for anything that one  would
use for a dye pot.

When in doubt ASK or bring it in a pot you  can take home with you.

Yes, I should have mentioned that.  That is also one of the  things that I
check when working with a new supplier and the reason that I  listed some
trusted suppliers.  Not only do you not want to inadvertently  spread seeds on
someone else's land, you don't want to do it on your own land  either.  I compost
many things and it is surprising what a seed can stand  to go through and still
manage to sprout in the middle of your lawn.  (or  just where you didn't want
it in your carefully planned herb garden)  It is  one thing to plan for an
invasive species like mint (BTW you can control this by  planting parsley around
it) and quite another to suddenly find it popping up  everywhere.

So check for seeds from your suppliers and for seeds, seedlings, and/or
unwanted critters from you herbal plant suppliers.  That is one of the  reasons I
won't shop the hardware type stores for herb plants anymore, one too  many
cutworms/snails/weeds.  Lingles only sent me a cutworm once in 12  years and,
when I informed them of it, they shut down an entire greenhouse to  eliminate the
pest and sent me 4 fresh bug free pots to replace the one  contaminated pot.
Now that is a customer oriented company.

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia