[Artemisia] A Few Awards from Harvest War (partial report)

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Tue Sep 4 12:13:21 CDT 2007

Our first lady white scarf is Dona KyneWynn the Kind.

You were right about the peerage ceremony. We have a new Laurel. I
believe it is Mistress Giliana Atwatyr, but someone will surely
correct me if I'm wrong (or if I've misspelled her name).

A number of other interesting awards were given at Harvest War. We've
a new court Baron and two Baronesses. One of the Baronesses is Varia
Goffe. But someone else will have to tell you the names of the other
two, although the Baroness is our departing kingdom exchequer and the
Baron is her Lord husband, if that helps.

The new exchequer was also announced. Sure. Her name starts with an
S . . . ?

Master Bartholomew received an Augmentation of Arms from his majesty
and is entitled to add a pair of gules goose wings to his arms.

So, I'm not seeing how I could be a worse court reporter. Their
majesties awarded many who've served them faithfully during their
reigns with very cool awards, but I didn't take notes. I'm sure
someone will give you a full and better report. The only other award
I can tell you about for certain was an Award of Arms for Brigitta
des Schweigends.

As a separate (and possibly inflammatory) question, while I was
delighted to see HE Varia recognized, it was the first time I've seen
a court baronial title awarded to only one member of a couple. Do we
simply not always award baronial titles to both members of a couple
or is a stupid rule about gender attached at the court baronial
level, too?

Belladonna