[Artemisia] A Few Awards from Harvest War (partial report)

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Tue Sep 4 12:45:42 CDT 2007

> As a separate (and possibly inflammatory) question, while I was
> delighted to see HE Varia recognized, it was the first time
> I've seen
> a court baronial title awarded to only one member of a couple. Do we
> simply not always award baronial titles to both members of a couple
> or is a stupid rule about gender attached at the court baronial
> level, too?
>
> Belladonna

No - there is nothing about gender involved.  SCA awards are not given to
'couples' but to individuals.  Sometimes the Crown feels that both members
of a couple should be recognized at the same time, and sometimes they do
not.  Often one member of a couple is recognized for something that the
other is not involved in at all.  Court Baron/Baroness is a courtesy title
that is given to *individuals* regardless of their marital status.

BTW, a big congrad. to Dame Varia!  (and everyone else who received awards
last weekend!)   :-)

Gefjon