[Artemisia] OT: Leatherwork commission

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 11:56:29 CDT 2007

Hey Ellisif,

  If the leather you are using is light enough, it will work in most normal sewing machines much the same way fabric does.

  I've sewn fairly thick leather on my ladies sewing machine before.

  CvZ

Ellisif in Sleggja <elsbet1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Greetings good gentles:

One of my co-workers has a daughter who's a model; she's working on a photo shoot for next month. She'd like to have a leather vest (with lining) made that is a pretty close replica of something seen in a recent Ralph Lauren ad. It's a pretty simple vest, with visible leather stitching along the seams, and one big button. It will be worn open so it doesn't need to close in front. And I've met the model; she's tiny.

Knowing that I sew, this co-worker approached me with the commission, but I don't do leatherwork.

I've got a picture of the ad with the vest that I can send.

If any of you leather workers or tailors are looking for a commission and have some time in the next 3 weeks to make a vest, let me know off list and I'll hook you up.

--HL Ellisif