[Artemisia] Multiplication

Connor mac Michil connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:04:01 CDT 2007

Sarah Natividad wrote:
>> What is VI times IX ?
>>

> LIV, of course. ;)
>
> You can do it on a multi-tiered counting board.  You don't need those crazy
> "cipher" things that the algorists are always going on about.

Of course, anyone that knows that 'question' knows that the 'answer' is
actually XLII (or XXXXII, depending on your preference for writing out
'the number').

And no, don't tell me my math is wrong.  It's not for a variety of
reasons. :)

Conchobhar (who knows the answer, the question, and that you cannot
actually make the question in the way that it was made ... and how the
formula to derive the answer was corrupted)