[Artemisia] Arn Hold Investiture in November

Catriona A. Morganosa catriona_a_morganosa at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 06:15:52 CDT 2007

Posted for Lady Eilidh, the Event Steward, by her co-steward Catriona:

Teresia asked:
>Inquiring minds would love to know:

>What exactly is the format of the Renaissance Woman...er,
Person...competition?

Let's see...
The format is several challenges of different types, artistic, scholarly,
technical, etc.  They have different judging criteria according to their
types. (All challenges are open individually to anyone for fun, but to
compete for the title, you have to enter all of them.)

>What can we do to keep Rosamond from...er, will Rosamond be entering?

As yet, no one has officially declared their entrance. I am going to ask
that they do so at least one week ahead of the event, since I may need to
print ballots/judging forms with names.

>What's the feast menu and who is cooking?

The feast is in four courses, appetizers, poultry, meat, and
dessert.  Everything will be "subtle" , that is, will look like
something else, but appetizers include fresh vegetables and fruit and
deviled eggs, poultry course includes roulades of stuffed chicken,
herbed rice, turkey meatball, and vegetable cakes. Meat course
includes a roast and carrots and parsnips, dessert includes a
strawberry pudding and  sweet scones.  The whole Cook's Guild will be
in the kitchen, but Dainya is the official feast steward.

>What is VI times IX ?
VI times IX is LIV
I haven't a clue to the others.

Catriona says:
Actually, I can help with those others. It is far quicker to Carolingia than
by cart because although an animal is pulling the cart, it tends to be
slower because it has to pull the cart. If it's a foot cart, even worse! So,
to sum up, it takes several move actions, even hasted, to cart, but it only
takes ten rounds to Carolingian.

As for the battle, I think that was the Crown List Dahoud won...

Stepana Catriona Morganosa, OP

"Any 12 people who can't get out of jury duty are NOT my peers."