[Artemisia] Greetings from TRM's Largesse Coordinator

Katie Ice raudhara at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:22:10 CDT 2007

*Greetings unto the noble and great populace of Artemisia, from the Largesse
Coordinator for Their Royal Majesties of Artemisia, Gareth and Sorcha! *

* **Their Royal Majesties Gareth and Sorcha would be grateful and honored to
receive contributions of largesse from the people of Artemisia during Their
reign. * They would appreciate items that can be given to other Crowns and
Kingdoms during Their travels; for example, at Estrella War! They would also
appreciate any items that They may* give to Their populace as tokens, Thank
You gifts, etc. If you have any questions about what might make appropriate
largesse, please ask. I have included a list below of ideas for largesse,
but please know that these are just suggestions; items that are not listed
are still very welcome and appreciated! *

* ** Their Majesties would like largesse items in the Kingdom colors of
Black and Gold, but also invite items in Their preferred colors. His Majesty
Gareth prefers green, purple and gold and is partial to lions. Her Majesty
Sorcha prefers purple and silver and likes swans and fleur-de-lis. *

* ** Ideas for Largesse may include, but are not limited to:*

 *~ fabric, handmade yarn, felt items, wool trim, and other textiles *

~ needlecraft items

*~ wooden toys, hand carved wood items*

*~ small metal and wood boxes that look period*

*~ items in Their personal colors and heraldic preferences (please see
above) *

*~ handmade lampwork beads*

*~ early period toys, games, children's activities*

*~ bags and pouches made from natural materials*

*~ tassels and other ornaments that can be used to decorate largesse (please
use natural- looking yarns or thread) *

*~ pottery*, other period dishes, mugs

~ me*tal work, such as forged eating ware, small hooks, jewelry, etc*

* ** Please try to avoid anything especially fragile, very large or
requiring special handling*. Please contact me for special circumstances.

 Thank you for your consideration. Their Royal Majesties truly appreciate
the time, effort, and creativity that go into making largesse, and will be
very proud to gift these items during Their reign.  Please note that the
contributor's SCA name and branch is needed on every item that we receive -
we want to make sure that people get thanked for their contributions, and it
is important that the items be labeled when they are gifted during the reign
to demonstrate the talent and generosity of the people of Artemisia.

 *I am more than happy and ready to receive items for Largesse. Please email
to make arrangements for me to obtain your items. I will be at many events
during this reign and am happy to receive items through the mail as well. *

** *Please forward to any appropriate lists. Thank you! *

* **In Service to the Crown and Artemisia, *
* *HE Katya in Rauðhára
Largesse Coordinator / Lady-in-Waiting to TRM's Gareth and Sorcha
raudhara at hotmail.com
Please email for address and phone number