[Artemisia] Insurrection Event!

Ellisif in Sleggja elsbet1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 15:18:38 CDT 2007

As our burgeoning shire has grown somewhat listless and bored at the end of a very busy summer, we have decided to do the only thing that a large group of listless and bored people CAN do.... ROAD TRIP! :-) As such, our large caravan full of Scots, Norsemen, Normans, a few rogue Italians and a whole posse of children will soon be headed to Loch Salann's western lands to throw a bit of a soiree. We're hosting War Games with our Loch Salann cousins so that we may be ever-ready to help them defend their western borders. We warmly invite the entire populace to come and participate in a day full of friendly games and tournaments. Some of the amusements planned include an archery tournament, rapier melee scenarios, a Torchlight tournament for the heavy armored combatants on Friday night, heavy armored melees on Saturday, an arts and sciences display (with comment cards for the populace to provide feedback), a Youth Combat Tourney, and a sumptuous feast
 prepared by our
famous Lady Ash and Lord Jacques. There will be prizes for all tournaments.

Let the War Games begin! Come join the Shire Without Peer for 3 days of frivolity, fighting and fun.

Come test your sharp wit and blade against the Premier Dona of Artemisia, Dona Kyne Wynn the Kind! The Shire is hosting a potluck party on Friday night to celebrate Dona KyneWynn's recent elevation to the Order of the White Scarf; if you didn't get a chance to fight her for her Prize or sign her book, she welcomes all to cross blades with her at Insurrection. If you'd like, bring a dish to share.

Saturday Night Feast:
BBQ pulled Pork, Turkey, Green beans with dressing, Lemon Rice, Corn Bread, Herb toast and more. Bring your feast gear for a meal you will never forget. Feast is capped at 75 persons--reservatio ns are highly recommended. Send them to Lady Kadrina Tanskalainen at tuckerka (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Feast Fees: Adults: $8, 12 and under $4.

Schedule Friday, 14th of Sept.

10:00 a.m. Site Opens for setting up camp
6:00 p.m. Main building opens for use
8:00 p.m. Torchlight Tourney (Heavy) and Rapier pick up fights
8:30 p.m. Congratulations Party for Dona KyneWynn--potluck!

Schedule 15th of Sept.---Pay close attention to the town criers for schedule announcements and changes

11:00 a.m. Opening Court (or at Their Majesties' Whim)
12:00 noon Arts and Sciences display opens
12:00 noon Armor Inspection, Heavy and Rapier
12:30 p.m. Melee Combats begin for both Heavy and Rapier. Rapier Tourney TBA at opening court.
1:00 p.m. Archery Tourney begins, Kids activities begin
2:00 p.m. Youth Combat Tourney begins
4:00 p.m. Arts and Sciences Display Closes
6:00 p.m. Closing Court (or at Their Majesties' Whim),
7:00 p.m. Feast/Bardic

Schedule 16th of Sept.
Camp break down and clean up at your leisure.

We have the site all day. Those who wish to do pick up fights or otherwise amuse yourselves are more than welcome.

This event will take place in Tooele , UT on September 14, 15 & 16.
Location: Dow James Building (400 North and 438 West).
Please bring sun shade as there are not any trees.
The site is Dry.
Merchants: Please come, this is a great event to display and sell your wares, with either indoor or outdoor spots available.
Site Fees: Weekend adult: $10, children 6-15: $5, + $3 non-member adult fee. Saturday only adult: $8, children 6-15: $4, + $3 non-member adult fee. Family Cap of 2 adults + 2 children

Directions to site:
From the North:
Take your best route on I-15 to I-80 west bound. Stay on I-80 west bound until you get to exit 99. Take exit 99 and stay on this road for 15 miles. You will pass Lake Point, Stansbury Park and Erda. Take this road all the way into Tooele. Take a right turn (west) on 400 North. Follow 400 South to 438 West. The site is on the right side of the road. Look for the large 2 story concrete building. parking is on the east and west side of the building.

From the South:
Take your best route on I-15 to Lehi exit 279 and head west on Main Street.
Continue west through Lehi and past Eagle Mountian and Cedar Fort. You are going to stay on this road (Hwy 73) for approx 40 miles. Hwy 73 then dead ends into Hwy 36. Turn right or north on hwy 36. Procede through Stockton. PLEASE DO NOT SPEED THROUGH STOCKTON! The speed limit is 40mph. I set my cruise control to make sure I do not speed. After leaving Stockton you are only a few miles away.
You will know you are in Tooele when you pass BFE on your right.
Hwy 36 becomes Main street. Stay on main street until you reach 400 North. Turn left or west on 400 North. Stay on this road until 438 West. The site is on the right or west. Look for the large 2 story concrete building. parking is on the east and west side of the building.

For more information: http://www.arrows- flight.org/

Finlay Comyn
Autocrat